Saturday, June 02, 2007

Back to the pc far again! This time with sm & oi. First stop was at the apple epi centre roadshow which was parked right at the entrance of suntec. I just asked a few basic questions about mac and the promotions(which was NONE), I decided to get it online . Plus, I didn't really get what the guy was saying with his lisping and braces and all. Not that I have anything against braces, I had them before too.

Afer that we went to meet sm's parents, as sm was going to get a new laptop too. Whoa, I was astounded at the bargaining powers of mama lin. Honestly, I was. In the end, sm managed to get the second price, with a thumbdrive thrown in. We then went to walk around and eat at Ya Kun. YES, people do eat ya kun for meals other than tea and breakfast ok. Loitered around...chocked up the kiddie queue to get free popcorn and candy floss, hey these guys didn't cap an age limit s we should fully exploit it alright?

We passed the epicentre and I wanted to go in, to get a last shot at bugging the apple sales personnel. The first guy who was serving us was probably a newbie, who didn't know his stuff much. "What's the difference between the inhouse promotion and student prices?" "Er...it's more expensive." Like dude... so we just got away from him and discussed outside whether I should get it. Sm & oi told me to find another person and to ask again, and thank god we did. This guy knew his stuff at least! He reccomended the inhouse promotion as it was more worth it than the student price plans, plus he gave me a microsoft office for mac free! Shhh Not supposed to tell. Hahah. And with the $80 voucher which came with the promotion, I got a blue casing for my macbook which I later realized would match my ipod! So excited, so excited. Hahah. I felt pretty sad when I saw FOUR digits on the machine when I was pressing my atm pin number. The guy also gave e a run through on how to use a mac, which I daresay is pretty darn easy. I think I'm pretty adaptable at these kind of stuff, like how I can switch from one brand of phone to another with ease.

No comments: